Sunday 27 July 2014

Colourful Future

It's been a while since I  last posted something and that's because the last few months have been frankly all over the place. In June of this year I finished University and look forward to graduating in September. The time in the between has so far been something of a brick wall of realization. Having to move back home, find work and most distressingly leaving some of the best people has left me a bit lost and unable to adapt. This made me wonder about changes that may occur in the lives of other species and having to rebuild,  progress for the future and adapt. I then remembered I had read about the amazing changes bee species were presenting in their converted honey productions. Urban development effect more species than I would care to list but urban bees seem to have found a colourful way to acclimatize and use a new resource full of the sugary products essential for the manufacture of a what we stereotypical know as a silky golden honey. Though still silky the variations in colour are truly amazing from blues, reds and greens urban bees are finding sugars within our sugary treats, our secret snacks, our rubbish. I don't think I will ever be spreading blue honey on my toast or pouring red honey in my tea anytime soon but I take an admiration for these small creature in their sweat pursuit and their ability to adapt.  


No comments:

Post a Comment